What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
When people think about cosmetic dentistry, they mostly imagine a “Hollywood smile” with perfectly aligned pearly white teeth. But have you ever thought about how to get and maintain such a perfect smile? Well if you haven’t then now is the time to consider doing so. Here at Kelly Dental, we do not just provide quality dental care but also educate people about various branches of modern dentistry.
Cosmetic Dentistry is a special branch of dentistry that focuses on improving the appearance of the gums and teeth. It is also used to treat bite problems. These treatments solely focus on the improvement of various kinds of dental aesthetics like alignment, color, position, shape, and size. It also plays a huge role in adding beauty and aesthetic value to the smile of the patients. Cosmetic dentistry treatments are best suited for individuals who are not satisfied with their smiles.
Popular Procedures of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is a very well-known and inexpensive dental treatment. It involves the removal of plaque and tartar and the bleaching of the teeth. A professional teeth whitening treatment is more effective than OTC products or kits for teeth whitening.
- Dental Bonding: Dental or enamel bonding is a highly effective procedure for people who are suffering from chipped, cracked, or deeply stained teeth. This treatment makes use of various kinds of moldable materials that can mimic the shape and size of your natural teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Dental Veneers are proven to be the gold standard among all the procedures of cosmetic dentistry. These dental devices are mainly thin shells made of porcelain and other materials. They are fitted over the teeth to hide a wide range of imperfections.
- Gum Contouring: Gum Contouring involves the cosmetic modification of gums to add more beauty to the smile. With the help of this surgery, the gums are lifted and the excess tissues are removed to cure gummy smiles. This surgical procedure is also used to treat gum recession.
- Invisalign Or Clear Aligners: Clear aligners, which are popularly known as Invisalign, are widely known procedures in cosmetic dentistry. It is used for aligning uneven teeth in their proper places. It is a dental appliance that is transparent and mostly made of plastic. The patient will not have to feel self-conscious while using this type of aligner.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Finally, let us take a look at some amazing benefits of cosmetic dentistry. There are as follows:
- Enhanced Self-esteem: Cosmetic dentistry and its procedures help in restoring the confidence and self-esteem of the patients.
- Improves The Overall Appearance: From correcting biting and chewing issues to transforming your smile, cosmetic surgical procedures do not disappoint the patients.
- Affordable and Painless Procedures: Cosmetic Dentistry is renowned for providing treatment options that are easily available, extremely affordable, and devoid of pain and discomfort.
We hope our blog has helped you in understanding how cosmetic dentistry can transform your smiles. If you are looking for the best cosmetic dentistry treatment, then please visit us at Kelly Dental. Our team is the best in the field of cosmetic dentistry.